De Vries & Metman is a leading patent attorneys firm in the Netherlands with offices in Amsterdam, Arnhem, Breda and Eindhoven. Protecting innovation is our passion. We help our clients – ranging from startups, SMEs and universities to multinationals and listed companies – to protect their invention. Due to the rapid grow of our company and the success of our Mechanical & Medical Technology section, we are currently looking for a Trainee Patent Attorney Mechanical Engineering to join the team.
As a Trainee Patent Attorney you will be working at the intersection of technology and law. Under supervision of our senior patent attorneys, you will advise clients regarding the protection of their invention while taking their technical, strategical and commercial considerations into account. For that, it is essential to have an analytical mindset, an eye for detail, and the ability to present your findings in a clear and structured way.
During the first years of your career you will follow a postgraduate training to become a Dutch and European patent attorney. In addition to the technical and legal aspects of your work, you will invest time and energy in building, maintaining and expanding business relationships.
- MSc and/or PhD in mechanical engineering, or related disciplines such as marine technology, aerospace engineering or industrial design;
- A great interest in innovation and affinity with legal processes;
- Strongly developed analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Client orientated, enthusiastic and having a creative mindset;
- The ability to function both independently and in a team.
- A challenging and inspiring position with a focus on education, mentoring and gaining practical experience;
- An office that is small enough for you not to be a number, but large enough to encourage specialisation;
- Good facilities: we don’t believe in open-plan office, but we believe in open-door policy and interaction with your colleagues;
- Possibility to work from our offices in Amsterdam, Arnhem, Breda or Eindhoven;
- Excellent package of primary and secondary employment conditions;
- Working with great colleagues, and guidance from people who value your development.
For more information, please contact Inge Pieters via + 31 20 5110930 or send your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.